Perfect for Easter, perfect for Pudding Club!
This Easter, why not totally overindulge and make crème egg brownies. They are easy to make with a little preparation.
Ingredients: (makes 20 brownies)
for the brownies
85 g plain flour
2tbsp cocoa powder
170g milk chocolate
113 g butter
140g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
10 mini creme eggs
For the toppings:
for the creme topping
85g golden syrup
1/2tsp vanilla extract
170g icing sugar
for the chocolate topping
100g milk chocolate
*Top tip. Before you start, plan ahead. Put your wrapped mini eggs in the freezer overnight – this will stop them from going quite so runny & gooey in the oven!
- Preheat the oven to 180oc.
- Grease and line a 20cmx20cm tin.
- In a heavy based pan, melt the butter and chocolate together over a low heat. Stir constantly and watch the chocolate carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn. Take the chocolate off the heat. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract, then the sugar.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder. Fold it into the mixture until just combined. Pour into a lined tin lined with grease-proof paper (make sure paper rises up a little higher than the sides to give you space for the toppings). Stud the mixture with the mini crème eggs, pushing them right down into the brownie mixture.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes. – I like my brownies still a little gooey so I take them out just before the look completely cooked. Let the brownies cool completely.
- To make the cream, beat the golden syrup, butter and vanilla together until smooth and well combined. Slowly add in the icing sugar and beat until creamy. You might need to add a little water to help it mix. Spread over the top of the brownies and chill in the fridge for about two hours.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a heavy based pan. Pour over the top of the brownies and leave to set.