Welcome to the Hoar Cross Hall Pudding Club.
Each month we will share our favourite recipes via Pudding Club and we’ll post a delicious recipe for you to try at home with step by step instructions. Treats for the season that we hope you’ll enjoy making and love eating.
This month were going to start off with something quick and easy to make – Cheats Strawberry Brûlée.
- 300ml ready-made custard
- 115g strawberries
- 75g caster sugar
- Chop strawberries up into very small pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Pour custard into bowl with pieces of strawberry and mix well so that the strawberries are evenly distributed through the custard.
- Split your custard mixture up evenly into 4 ramekins and smooth the surface.
- Cover ramekins with clear film and place in fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Just before fore you are ready to serve, take the Brûlée’s out of the fridge, unwrap and sprinkle a thick layer of sugar over each.
- Heat your grill to a nice hot temperature and place the Brûlée’s under for a few minutes and heat just enough for the sugar to caramelise but not to burn. Or, if you’re feeling brave, you can use a cook’s torch or your grill for this.
- Leave to one side so that the sugar can cool and set and then serve.
We hope you enjoy.