An opportunity has arisen for a quality Assistant Head Housekeeper to join our dedicated, driven and aspirational team.
Set in 50 acres of quintessential English countryside, Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel is a Grade II listed stately home retreat that pairs period style with modern luxury and attentive service.
Far from imposing strict rules, regulations and regimes, the focus at Hoar Cross hall is on balancing the body and mind, restoring a sense of calm and promoting a general feeling of well being.
Hoar Cross Hall has undergone a significant period of refurbishment and upgrade since 2015 and is improving further over the next 12 months. It is one of the most sought-after destination spa hotels in the UK, with levels of service to match.
About you….. To live and breath the company’s vision and commitments to people, quality and results.
To live and breath the company’s Mission, Vision and Commitments of People, Quality and Results.
About the role…
- To manage specifically the operations of the laundry and improve the standards of cleanliness by supervising the team to clean the laundry and equipment.
- To ensure all new team members are trained on the equipment in the laundry.
- To liaise with the Head Housekeeper about carpet cleaning on a weekly basis for all rooms and public areas.
- To ensure staffing levels are sufficient for your department whilst ensuring these levels are kept within our occupancy.
- To assist the Head Housekeeper with recruitment and to conduct reviews, assessments and training with the team. Carry out inductions with new team members, ordering new uniforms- ensuring dress code is administered at all times.
- To be aware of fire and evacuation procedures.
- To attend both in house and external training courses.
- To adhere to guidelines for presentation, grooming and punctuality.
- To keep all work areas in an orderly and tidy manner.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge of Hoar Cross Hall Spa Resort and it products.
- To use safe practice in performing all tasks.
- To maintain confidentiality within the department.
- To comply with company image standards.
- To comply with statuary and company regulations relating to Health and Safety as detailed in the company Health and Safety book.
- To know what to do in the event of incident, accident, theft or damage to hotel guest and property.
- Perform a reasonable task as requested by the General Manager.
- To display a positive and professional attitude to colleagues and customers.
- Ensure training records are in place and updated.
- To host 6 weekly department meetings and any issues arising from the meeting is followed up.
- To keep updated with guest feedback and to take appropriate action where necessary.
- To monitor maintenance issues make a report on the hotsoft system.
- To assist with controlling and checking stock levels and to ensure all orders are placed on a Monday morning, following the correct procedure i.e. purchase order/ GM signature.
- To be actively involved with the Housekeeping Department as a whole.
- To assist with the weekly rota.
- To attend meeting as required.
- To cover other senior housekeepers as required.
- Ensure the key allocation is adhered to and lock any safe at the end of your shift.
- Early morning inspection of all area of public areas and record.
- Liaise with main reception / therapy / gym regarding towels and robes.
- Liaise with Bedroom seniors regarding bed linen.
- Ensure all paperwork is signed by each team member.
- Debrief all staff in your area before commencement of work.
- To ensure all descaling is carried out on a 3 monthly basis.
- Ensure all lost property is recorded and bagged and given to the Head Housekeeper..
- Every 4 weeks you will stock take all towels and robes that are in circulation.
- Ensure afternoon team loads the lift with clean bedroom linen for the bedrooms staff to put away.
- Ensure all valances are ironed.
- Ensure the day spa laundry drier is prepared for maintenance on a Thursday morning at 11.30am.
- Inspect all areas cleaned by the night team and report to the Head Housekeeper of any faults.
- To inspect all areas cleaned by other department and report where necessary.
- Ensure all the team are aware of the drains situation in both pools and detox.
- To ensure all equipment is in good working order and report when necessary.
We can offer…
Discounts in the Retail Shop, Food and Beverage Outlets, Treatments and overnight stays.
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Have a look at our beautiful property up close https://vimeo.com/203426487
Job Type: Full-time