An opportunity has arisen for a quality Chef De Partie to join our dedicated, driven and aspirational team.
Hoar Cross Hall has undergone a significant period of refurbishment and upgrade in 2015, making it now one of the most sought-after destination spa hotels in the UK, with levels of service to match.
The successful candidates will be hard working, passionate and enthusiastic, and happy to take on extra responsibility where needed. Flexibility to work mornings, days, evenings and weekends is essential.
RESPONSIBLE TO : Head Chef, senior sous chef, Sous chef, Jnr Sous Chef
MAIN TASKS OF JOB :
- To assist the head chef in liaising regularly with all suppliers, ensure keen market prices are maintained, any substandard goods are credited.
- To ensure all ordering is placed correctly and sufficient stock is maintained in the Head Chefs absence.
- Ensure all orders received are in good condition, any substandard goods are returned.
- Assist the senior chefs in all related food hygiene regulations are followed by yourself and the kitchen team.
- Promote and maintain a high level of hygiene in kitchen using cleaning schedules
- Ensure all staff wear and maintain their uniform. All uniforms are to be kept in clean condition whilst on duty.
- Ensure the daily completion of food and fridge temperature sheets
- To maintain a positive professional atmosphere throughout the kitchen area; lead by example, and assisting where help is needed.
- To help train, supervise and motivate kitchen team.
- Assist the Head Chef & senior chefs in reducing wastage To assist the Head Chef and senior chefs with monthly stock-take
- To have input, compile and design regular monthly menus using fresh ingredients,
- To ensure the efficient daily stocking & ordering of kitchen items in the Head Chefs absence or when required to do so.
- To ensure buffet counter food is kept at a constant high standard.
- To ensure all food served in the restaurant is at the standard required
- To ensure efficient delegation of kitchen duties between kitchen team
- To have an input in the regular change of buffet salads & dishes.
- To ensure a high level of communication with Head Chef, Restaurant Manager/seniors is maintained thru use of weekly meetings, daily briefs.The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To use all Health and Safety guidelines as outlined in the Health and Safety Handbook.
- To use all COSHH guidelines.
- To use all PPE for duties.
- To know all fire and evacuation procedures.
Required licence or certification: