An opportunity has arisen for a quality Chief Engineer to join our dedicated, driven and aspirational team.
Set in 50 acres of quintessential English countryside, Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel is a Grade II listed stately home retreat that pairs period style with modern luxury and attentive service.
Far from imposing strict rules, regulations and regimes, the focus at Hoar Cross hall is on balancing the body and mind, restoring a sense of calm and promoting a general feeling of well being.
Hoar Cross Hall has undergone a significant period of refurbishment and upgrade in 2015, making it now one of the most sought-after destination spa hotels in the UK, with levels of service to match.
Creating memorable experiences, first time, every time
Our journey is unique
Our people are our strength
Our guests are our passion
To live and breath the Company’s Mission, Vision and Commitments of People, Quality and Results.
About the role…
- Ensure that the boiler, heating and hot water plants are in safe and efficient working order.
- Taking electricity, oil and gas meter reading on a regular basis.
- Carry out weekly fire alarm tests and record in the fire book. Ensure that the fire alarm system is operating properly.
- Investigating any unscheduled sounding of the fire alarm in conjunction with the Duty Manager and report every malfunction identified.
- Ensure that all fire extinguishers and fire hoses are checked regularly to verify that they are in designated positions and replace it if found to be missing.
- Ensure all fire exits are kept clear on a daily basis.
- Purchasing and holding a stock of maintenance materials sufficient to respond to the immediate needs of the hotel and within the budget allocation provided.
- Ordering and issuing of light bulbs efficiently and economically, ensuring supplies are always available.
- Replacing light bulbs which are not the responsibility of the day/night porters i.e. toilets and Great Hall ceiling lights.
- Testing emergency lighting on a regular basis and keeping up to date log books.
- Conduct public area audit checks and action plans in conjunction with the P&T Manager.
- Ensure the hotel generators are tested.
- Ensuring the workshop is kept tidy and locked at all times.
- Action requests for maintenance work, with due regard to urgency.
- Being fully familiar with the details and content of the property manuals, plans, etc., pertaining to the property.
- Presenting regular maintenance reports to the General Manager on a weekly basis.
- Promoting and encouraging energy savings throughout the hotel and work with contractors as prescribed.
- Liaising with local tradesmen and obtaining quotations for job requirements.
- Working alongside Head Housekeeper to organise work plan for Painter & Decorators.
- Submitting purchase orders to the Financial Controller & General Manager and progressing paperwork to accounts as instructed.
- Undertaking regular health and safety checks in each department of the hotel in conjunction with the designated health & Safety Officer.
- Keeping all store rooms/boiler houses clean, tidy, uncluttered and locked.
- To attend daily and the morning meeting and end monthly Heads of Departments meetings as and when required.
- To complete rotas, timesheets, forecast as required by the Personnel Manager on a timely basis and within the wage budgets.
- Be available to attend emergencies and respond to information and give advice to Duty Managers out of normal working hours.
- Be responsible for staff directly under your control.
- To have completed and up-dated maintenance books for trip switches, locks etc.
- To carry out all day-to-day repairs and maintenance relating to plumbing, electrics and carpentry etc.
- To assist in monitoring work is being carried out by outside contractors.
- To check with housekeeping and general maintenance book on a daily basis regarding any maintenance faults.
- To be responsible for equipment, throughout the hotel to ensure it is kept in good repair.
- To assist with IT issues throughout the hotel when issues arise.
- To ensure that keys are available for each lock in the hotel and properties, and ensure key security.
- To ensure regular maintenance on radiators and bleed on a regular basis.
- To assist with recruitment of employees in conjunction with the HR Manager.
- Carry out departmental induction of new employees and monitor progress.
- Deal with staff problems, difficulties and grievances within the scope of your authority.
- To cover Duty Management duties and complete and ensure checklists and H&S checks are recorded for each shift.
- To conduct 3, 6 monthly reviews and annual appraisals within the specific timetable as specified by the personnel & Training Manager.
- To hold monthly departmental briefing meetings to ensure an effective communications and motivation for the team.
- Implement SOP Manuals for all areas under control and update as appropriate.
- To carryout monthly training sessions with all your team in line with your departmental SOP manuals, maintaining all training records, which must be signed and kept up to date.
- To ensure Health & Safety Training is completed and recorded in line with the company guidelines.
- To be Familiar with all hotel fire procedures.
- To ensure that you are aware of your obligations under the Health & Hygiene Laws.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance at all times.
- To be friendly and courteous to staff, Management and quests.
- To attend training courses and meetings as requested.
- To undertake any other duty, which you may reasonably be, requested to do.
- Work closely with contractors to ensure meeting compliance for H&S and conducting works as requires.
- Ensure all compliance is conducted for H&S and statutory purposes.
- Maintain administrative files and records in a professional manner.
- Ensure adequate maintenance manning average of the resort 7 days per week.
We can offer….
Discounts in the Retail Shop, Food and Beverage Outlets, Treatments and overnight stays.
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Have a look at our beautiful property up close https://vimeo.com/203426487
Job Type: Full-time