An opportunity has arisen to join our Grounds Team maintaining 50 acres of quintessential English countryside in the heart of Staffordshire, Hoar Cross Hall is a Grade II listed stately home.
Job Title: Groundsman
Salary: Full time position 40 hours per week. At £7.83 per hour.
Qualifications required for role:
- Certificate for pesticide application PA1 & PA6
- Chainsaw certificate – beneficial
- Plant equipment certificate – beneficial
- To carry out duties as requested by the Head Groundsman, to required standard and within specified time limit.
- To comply with all statutory and company regulations, relating to Health & Safety, Hygiene, Fire Regulations, fire and emergency procedures, security of premises and property.
- To ensure all public areas are kept clean and tidy while completing jobs, paying particular attention to Health and Safety procedures.
- To liaise with the Head Groundsman with regard to materials required to respond to the immediate needs of the resort.
- To ensure materials and equipment are not mistreated and are used in the correct manner and to avoid wastage at all times.
- To be available to work unusual shift patterns, to enable work to be carried out with the least amount of disruption to guests and the running of the resort e.g. working in the spa areas, coming in early and working on occasions through the evening and at weekends at the Head Groundsman descretion.
- To be friendly and courteous to staff, management and guests at all times.
- To be aware of security for equipment and lock-up areas.
- Maintain a clean and safe workshop at all times.
- To report any breakages/damage to equipment at once to Head Groundsman.