An opportunity has arisen for a quality Housekeeping Supervisor to join our dedicated, driven and aspirational team.
Hoar Cross Hall has undergone a significant period of refurbishment and upgrade in 2015, making it now one of the most sought-after destination spa hotels in the UK, with levels of service to match.
The successful candidates will be hard working, passionate and enthusiastic, and happy to take on extra responsibility where needed. Flexibility to work mornings, days, evenings and weekends is essential.
Job Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Responsible to: Head Housekeeper
Responsible for: Housekeeping Assistants
Main purpose of job:
Assist the Head Housekeeper to manage and maintain the bedrooms and cleanliness of public areas whilst ensuring that the department meets high standards of quality and efficiency so that guest satisfaction is optimised.
Area responsibly for; slumber room and toilets, arrival gents and ladies changing rooms, quiet room, main reception, main reception, long gallery and toilets, champagne bar, chapel.
- In the absence of the Head Housekeeper to cover the day to day running and the duties of the Housekeeping department
- To manage specifically the areas of guest rooms and public areas and to strive to improve standards of cleanliness.
- Carry out room inspections of both guests staying and New arrivals before going live on the hotsoft. Organising spring cleaning.
- To liaise with the Rooms Manager about carpet cleaning on a weekly basis for all rooms and public areas.
- To keep updated with guest feedback and to take appropriate action where necessary.
- To monitor maintenance issues make a report on the hotsoft system.
- To be actively involved with the Housekeeping Department as a whole.
- To attend any internal training courses.
- To attend meeting as required.
- Ensure the key allocation is adhered to and lock the safes at the end of your shift.
- Early morning check of public areas.
- Liaise with main reception regarding any room moves/ late departs or early arrivals.
- Ensure all paperwork is signed by each team member.
- Debrief all staff in your area before commencement of work.
- To assist and ensure all descaling is carried out on a 3 monthly basis.
- To log all lost property.
- To inspect all areas cleaned by other department and report where necessary.
- Ensure the late chambermaid stocks up all the line cupboards before finishing.
- Ensure all cupboards are locked.
- Ensure all cupboards are stocked with refreshments etc.
- In the absence of the Deputy Head Housekeeper to cover the day to day running and the duties of the Day Spa Housekeeping department
- Be honest and reliable
- Be trustworthy and respectful
- Be immaculately dressed
- Maintain excellent time-keeping and attendance
- Be professional at all times
- All discussions with any team member must be confidential
- Demonstrate excellent management team leadership and staff development in line with Equal Opportunities
- Arrive at the work area in full uniform including name badge 10 minutes prior to the shift starting, checking the housekeeping hand over book on a daily basisReports
- Report any maintenance repairs immediately to the maintenance team and Manager
- Log any lost property
- Report all accidents and hazards to the Health & Safety officer
- Maintain and log all decaling of shower heads on a 3 monthly basis
- Organise regular deep cleaning of rooms and public areas and keep record
- Report any unusual or suspicious persons/activity to the Duty Manager straight away
- You will make a daily report to the reservation manager as to any rooms not serviced
- Conduct all new starter inductions and training
- All team members must have training on the following, COSHH, Manual Handling, Fire Evacuation, Bedroom cleaning procedure
- Conduct team members yearly Appraisal
- Regular training departmental training to be conducted and recorded on policies and procedures
- To attend both in house and external training courses
Health and Safety Duties.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines
- Follow all COSHH guidelines
- To use all PPE required for duties
- Follow fire and evacuation procedures