An opportunity has arisen for a quality Junior Sous Chef to join our dedicated, driven and aspirational team.
Set in 50 acres of quintessential English countryside, Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel is a Grade II listed stately home retreat that pairs period style with modern luxury and attentive service.
Far from imposing strict rules, regulations and regimes, the focus at Hoar Cross hall is on balancing the body and mind, restoring a sense of calm and promoting a general feeling of well being.
Hoar Cross Hall has undergone a significant period of refurbishment and upgrade in 2015, making it now one of the most sought-after destination spa hotels in the UK, with levels of service to match.
Creating memorable experiences, first time, every time
Our journey is unique
Our people are our strength
Our guests are our passion
To live and breath the Company’s Mission, Vision and Commitments of People, Quality and Results.
About the role…
- To liaise regularly with all suppliers, ensure keen market prices are maintained, any substandard goods are credited.
- To ensure all ordering is placed correctly and sufficient stock is maintained in the Head Chefs absence.
- Ensure all orders received are in good condition, any substandard goods are returned.
- Ensure all related food hygiene regulations are followed by yourself and the kitchen team.
- Promote and maintain a high level of hygiene in kitchen using cleaning schedules
- Ensure all staff wear and maintain their uniform. All uniforms are to be kept in clean condition whilst on duty.
- Ensure the daily completion of food and fridge temperature sheets
- To maintain a positive professional atmosphere throughout the kitchen area; lead by example, and assisting where help is needed.
- To help train, supervise and motivate kitchen team.
- Assist the Head Chef in reducing wastage.
- To ensure the efficient daily stocking & ordering of kitchen items in the Head Chefs absence or when required doing so.
- To ensure all food served in the restaurant is at the standard required
- To ensure efficient delegation of kitchen duties between kitchen team
- To ensure a high level of communication with Head Chef, Restaurant Manager/seniors is maintained thru use of weekly meetings, daily briefs.
- To ensure the kitchen is adequately staffed to cope with business requirements and to ensure kitchen is working effectively
- To have knowledge of the completion of the kitchen Rota, whilst ensuring all shifts are covered.
- Professional handling and immediate response to any complaint received, either by letter, telephone or verbal reply in the Head Chefs absence
We can offer…
Discounts in the Retail Shop, Food and Beverage Outlets, Treatments and overnight stays.
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Have a look at our beautiful property up close https://vimeo.com/203426487
Job Type: Full-time