An opportunity has arisen for a quality Junior Sous Chef to join our dedicated, driven and aspirational team.
Set in 50 acres of quintessential English countryside, Hoar Cross Hall is a Grade II listed stately home retreat that pairs period style with modern luxury and attentive service.
Far from imposing strict rules, regulations and regimes, the focus at Hoar Cross hall is on balancing the body and mind, restoring a sense of calm and promoting a general feeling of well being.
Hoar Cross Hall has undergone a significant period of refurbishment and upgrade in 2015, making it now one of the most sought-after destination spa hotels in the UK, with levels of service to match.
Creating memorable experiences, first time, every time
Our journey is unique
Our people are our strength
Our guests are our passion
To live and breathe the Company’s Mission, Vision and Commitments of People, Quality and Results.
To be a Team Player
Passionate about Providing Great Customer Service
About the role….
Job Type: Full-time on a 4 day on 3 days off rota system
Competitive Salary dependant on experience
- Assist Head Chef and Executive Chef to ensure all ordering is placed correctly and sufficient stock is maintained in the Head Chefs absence.
- Ensure all orders received are in good condition, any substandard goods are returned
- Ensure all related food hygiene regulations are followed by yourself and the kitchen team.
- Promote and maintain a high level of hygiene in kitchen using cleaning schedules
- Ensure all staff wear and maintain their uniform. All uniforms are to be kept in clean condition whilst on duty.
- Ensure the daily completion of food and fridge temperature sheets
- To maintain a positive professional atmosphere throughout the kitchen area; lead by example and assisting where help is needed.
- To help train, supervise and motivate kitchen team
- Assist the Head Chef in reducing wastage
- To have input, compile and design regular monthly menus using fresh ingredients,
- To ensure the efficient daily stocking & ordering of juice bar items in the Head Chefs, absence or when required doing so.
- To ensure buffet counter food is kept at a constant high standard
- To ensure all food served in the restaurant is at the standard required
- To ensure efficient delegation of kitchen duties between kitchen team
- To have an input in the regular change of buffet salads & dishes
We can offer…
- Leisure Membership
- Meals Provided
- Discounts in the Retail Shop, Food and Beverage Outlets, Treatments and overnight stays.
- Pension scheme
- Recruit a friend Scheme
- Development Programme
- Possible Live in accommodation
- Flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life
- We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
- Have a look at our beautiful property up close https://vimeo.com/203426487
- Job Type: Full-time on a 4 day on 3 days off rota system
- Competitive Salary dependant on experience