MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To work professionally as part of the kitchen team able to work on own using ones own initiative.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chef De Partie, Sous Chef, Senior Sous Chef, Head Chef, Duty Manager
MAIN TASKS OF JOB:
- To ensure all equipment is cleaned to the set standard.
- To follow correct cleaning procedures with the use of cleaning schedules.
- To ensure your provided uniform is maintained, worn at all times and kept in clean condition whilst you are working.
- To be aware of the need to use the correct chemicals.
- Ensure all pots, pan, and crockery are cleaned thoroughly throughout the day
- To ensure that all food is stored to regulation.
- Maintain neat appearance of pot wash area and cleaning equipment storage areas.
- Kitchen floor is swept and mopped at the end of each shift.
- Ensure all bins are emptied throughout the day and are washed inside and out at the end of each shift.
- To maintain the Eden Hall ethos at all times “to be happy and have enthusiasm in your work, to show a genuine interest in the well-being of others” and to “strive to achieve people feel better about themselves from the start of their day to the end.
- To be flexible where work and time is concerned.The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organization and the overall business objectives of the organization.
- HEALTH AND SAFETY
- To use all Health and Safety guidelines as outlined in the Health and Safety Handbook.
- To use all COSHH guidelines.
- To use all PPE for duties.
- To know all fire and evacuation procedures.