Drive and lead the Operation and financial performance of Hoar Cross Hall with emphasis on the Spa and Leisure departments ensuring complete viability and maximising all opportunities and resources. This will involve (albeit not exhaustive) providing leadership, direction and supervision of staff in the daily operations of all the above areas. Ensuring that the highest service standards are adhered to, and that guest experience exceeds expectation. The Leisure and Spa Manager is to oversee the coordination of all guests’ requests, be directly involved in day to day operations, sales/marketing, forecasting, and payroll as well as product inventory and ordering.
Working closely with the Leisure and Spa Director and hotel general manager in establishing and maintaining financial viability, key business objectives, effective marketing/PR, operational brand standards, guest relations and personnel management.
This position will involve working weekends and direct management of shifts. It is considered a hands-on role.
- Create reports where necessary to provide financial information used for effective forecasting of costs and revenue.
- Project and maintain acceptable payroll commitments in line with budget
- Use financial plans for spotting trends, measuring productivity and monitoring progress.
- Control on-going service and product margin analysis to ensure profitability.
- Yield rates and packages to ensure revenue/profit ratios are maximised.
- Implement opportunities for managing operational costs and improving the bottom line.
- Manage procedures for accurate inventory control and monitoring.
- Implement full Spa and Leisure product and service purchasing standards and ensure compliance.
- Administer staff and client scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability.
- Creating, analysing and planning the spa, leisure, hairdressing, retail and membership sales levels and profitability.
- To ensure strict compliance with all company procedures and codes of practice regarding purchasing, stock and cash control, equipment inventory and usage at all times.
- Control and report stock and cash levels to the Leisure and Spa Director and ensure that company targets in all units are achieved/met.
- Retain all unit records for inspection, as required by the Leisure and Spa Director
- To liaise with Gym Manager, Retail Supervisor, Salon Supervisor and Membership Manager to achieve or exceed monthly-targeted sales for spa, leisure, hairdressing and retail areas.
- Develop Spa, Leisure, Retail, Gym, Membership and Hair Marketing Strategy and ensure a consistent image is being portrayed.
- Be proactive in developing publicity opportunities and effectively dealing with media.
- Develop and maintain good and efficient front desk procedures.
- Maintain and update all necessary internal and external signage in line with corporate standards
- Create on-going in-house promotions and activities to stimulate sales, staff and customers.
- Guide business decisions by staying on top of Spa industry trends.
- Maintain a strong menu of services with both exceptional artistic and aesthetic value.
- Consistently develop and grow retail sales through training, tools and monitoring.
- Ensure the Spa, leisure, hairdressing and retail areas are always staffed for maximum buyer Impact and payroll margins in situ.
- Assist management with concepts and ideas to keep the Spa, Leisure, Retail, Gym, Membership and Hair ahead of its competition and in the cutting edge of the industry.
- Formulating strategy with on marketing the services, products and the development of a Marketing Plan.
- Implementation of the marketing plan as agreed with the leisure and Spa Director
- On-going development of Business Plans & sales activities for all areas of the Spa together with its implementation.
- Anticipate, identify and ensure customer needs are being met in the best possible way.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with surveys, focus groups and comment cards.
- Develop and deliver credible, competitive, value-plus service to the customer.
- Guide staff to become caring problem solvers, cooperative, accommodating and fair.
- Exhibit a professional attitude, diplomacy and an ability to handle difficult situations.
- Maintain fresh, effective programs to consistently retain and grow customer base.
- Develop and maintain compensation guidelines for customer complaint handling.
- Manage customer complaints to ensure satisfaction by using direct contact with guests verbal or written and working closely with Guest Relations Manager.
- Monitor complaints so as to take relevant action to prevent future occurrences.
Staffing & Human Resources
- Develop a Recruitment strategy for effective recruiting, screening, interviewing training.
- Develop Value Packed Proposals and maintain internal staff retention programs.
- Implement on-going skills training to ensure service standards are being upheld.
- Develop and monitor Job Descriptions and Staff Goals
- Undertake Disciplinary Action to the level of written warning and dismissal with liaison and agreement of the Leisure and Spa Director, General Manager and HR.
- Ensure all staff are fully trained in Job Role and all H&S requirements with supportive training records.
- Conduct random, regular spot checks on Spa, Leisure, Retail, Gym, Membership and Hair cleanliness and maintenance.
- Liaise with Housekeeper and Operations Manager to ensure cleanliness of facilities.
- Develop/Maintain an up to date version of the Spa and Leisure Procedure Manuals and ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain Spa and Leisure literature, documentation and process handling requirements.
- Attend Management meetings and convey all relevant information throughout the Spa, Leisure, Retail, Gym, Membership and Hairdressing.
- Hold regular staff meetings to keep staff up to date on all aspects of the Spa, Leisure, Retail, Gym, Membership and Hairdressing.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Maintain professional relationships with suppliers and providers.
- Liaising with retailers and product houses to negotiate best prices, offers for customers, incentives for team and free promotional/display items.
- Ensure stock and cash items are kept safely under lock and key.
- Minimize or eliminate losses through negligence with monitoring programs.
- Implement a clearly established opening and closing procedure.
- Manage inventory effectively; follow purchasing standards; ensure compliance.
- Advise on new methods/approaches to Spa, Leisure, Retail, Gym, Membership and Hair services and implement as agreed with the Leisure and Spa Director.
- Review popularity of treatments and products.
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail industry, understanding forthcoming customer initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing.
- When ordering non product house items, seasonal/promotional gifts – seek approval on order quantity from the Leisure and Spa Director.