An opportunity has arisen for a quality Painter and Decorator to join our dedicated, driven and aspirational team.
Set in 50 acres of quintessential English countryside, Hoar Cross Hall Spa Hotel is a Grade II listed stately home retreat that pairs period style with modern luxury and attentive service.
Far from imposing strict rules, regulations and regimes, the focus at Hoar Cross hall is on balancing the body and mind, restoring a sense of calm and promoting a general feeling of well being
Hoar Cross Hall has undergone a significant period of refurbishment and upgrade in 2015, making it now one of the most sought-after destination spa hotels in the UK, with levels of service to match.
Creating memorable experiences, first time, every time
Our journey is unique
Our people are our strength
Our guests are our passion
To live and breath the company’s Mission, Vision and Commitments of People, Quality and Results.
About the role….
Specific responsibility – internal and external decoration of the buildings on site.
- To carry out duties as requested by the Maintenance Manager, to required standard and within specified time limit.
- To be responsible for ensuring that all Maintenance expenditure is authorised by the Maintenance Manager using recognised control systems.
- To ensure that all staff working under your direct control use safe working methods, and protective equipment is supplied and used wherever applicable.
- To be responsible for weekly fire alarm tests, monthly emergency lighting, and fire exit checks, all to be recorded in Fire Log Book, and any faults found to be immediately reported to the Maintenance Manager.
- To comply with all statutory and company regulations, relating to Health & Safety, Hygiene, Fire Regulations, fire and emergency procedures, security of premises and property.
- Daily and weekly tasks will be worked out with the Maintenance Manager and prioritised.
- To prepare areas for redecoration with regard to painting and wallpapering as requested.
- To ensure all public areas are kept clean and tidy while completing jobs, paying particular attention to Health and Safety procedures.
- To be aware of areas that need ‘touch up work’ and advise the Maintenance Manager as soon as possible.
- To liaise with the Maintenance Manager with regard to materials required to respond to the immediate needs of the resort.
- To ensure materials are not mistreated and are used in the correct manner and to avoid wastage at all times.
- Ensure all equipment used for particularly painting & decorating equipment, are always cleaned after use, and stored in the correct manner.
- To liaise with housekeeping for priority bedroom/bathroom jobs on a daily basis.
- To keep store rooms and workshop clean and tidy.
- To be available to work unusual shift patterns, to enable work to be carried out with the least amount of disruption to guests and the running of the resort e.g. working in the spa areas, coming in early and working on occasions through the night and at weekends.
- To carry out staining, tiling, re-grouting and outside decorating as and when necessary.
- To be friendly and courteous to staff, management and guests at all times.
- To attend training courses and meetings as requested.
- To compete daily light bulb checks of all public areas throughout the resort including toilet areas.
- To carryout basic repair jobs as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
- To check that all clocks in public areas are the correct time as required. (Remember when the clocks go forward and back in spring & autumn).
- Check all fire exits are kept clear on a daily basis.
- Inform the Maintenance Manager of any material required to respond to the immediate needs of the resort.
- To check the maintenance ‘To Do’ list on Hotsoft at least three times a day.
- To be aware of security for equipment and lock-up areas.
- To carry a walkie-talkie when necessary.
We can offer…
Discounts in the Retail Shop, Food and Beverage Outlets, Treatments and overnight stays.
Recruit a friend Scheme
Induction and training programme
Flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Have a look at our beautiful property up close https://vimeo.com/203426487
Job Type: Full-time