Job scope and main purpose of job:
Taking responsibility for the daily operations of the Pastry section, working effectively alongside the head chef and ensuring that all current health and safety issues are followed
- To assist the head chef in liaising regularly with all suppliers, ensure keen market prices are maintained, any substandard goods are credited.
- To ensure all ordering is placed correctly and sufficient stock is maintained in the Head Chefs absence.
- Ensure all orders received are in good condition, any substandard goods are returned.
- Assist the senior chefs in all related food hygiene regulations are followed by yourself and the kitchen team.
- Promote and maintain a high level of hygiene in kitchen using cleaning schedules
- Ensure all staff wear and maintain their uniform. All uniforms are to be kept in clean condition whilst on duty.
- Ensure the daily completion of food and fridge temperature sheets
- To maintain a positive professional atmosphere throughout the kitchen area; lead by example, and assisting where help is needed.
- To help train, supervise and motivate kitchen team.
- Assist the Head Chef & senior chefs in reducing wastage,
- To assist the Head Chef and senior chefs with monthly stock-take
- To have input, compile and design regular monthly menus using fresh ingredients,
- To ensure the efficient daily stocking & ordering of kitchen items in the Head Chefs absence or when required to do so.
- To ensure all desserts & pastries for breakfast, lunch and evening are kept at a constant high standard.
- To ensure all pastry work served in the restaurant is at the standard required
- To ensure efficient delegation of kitchen duties between kitchen team
- To have an input in the regular change of desserts for lunch and evening service.
- To ensure a high level of communication with Head Chef, Restaurant Manager/seniors is maintained thru use of weekly meetings, daily briefs.
Health & Safety Duties
- To use all of Health & Safety Guidelines
- To use all COSHH & food hygiene guidelines
- To use all P.P.E required for duties
- To know all fire & Evacuation procedures