To live and breath the company’s Mission, Vision and Commitments of People, Quality and Results.
To manage all restaurants, achieving business objectives through guest focused service delivery. Ensure restaurants operate efficiently and profitably while maintaining the reputation and ethos. Responsible for the business performance, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, and health and safety.
Partake in the strategic planning and day-to-day management activities, such as shift pattern organization and manning parameters/ payroll management. Drive sales activities to increase overall spend and sales through a departmental sales and marketing plan.
- Recognise, attract and develop talent to sustain appropriate manning levels– through a clear and structure development plan for each employee
- Actively encourage feedback and ideas and share with the wider team
- Support, motivate and empower your team
- Respect and trust your colleagues
- Team retention through progressive development initiatives –all team members have a completed and up to date training passport – deliver a consistent and detailed induction programme for all team members
- Ensure training needs analysis of your departmental staff is carried out and training programmes are designed and implemented to meet needs.
- Conduct probation and formal performance appraisal in line with company guidelines.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Approve leave requests after considering peaks and troughs in the business.
- Actively support other departments to ensure overall guest satisfaction
- Take on duty management responsibility as per the hotel rota
- Challenge, Innovate and Improve departmental performance at all levels
- Communicate effectively with guests, team, peers, superiors through pre-and post shift briefings, daily and weekly operations briefings and meetings as set by the company
- Recognise great people and service
- Lead by example
- Quality standards are in place with comprehensive, current, guest focused and up to date Standard Operating Procedure Manuals as approved by the General Manager
- Must be able to demonstrate extremely high standards of guest care
- Attend and actively participate in monthly communication meetings
- Anticipate market/ guest profile changes and review operations and offering accordingly
- Carry out regular competitor analysis and review Restaurant operation/ offering accordingly
- Create positive Public Relations opportunities
- Maintain high standards of quality, hygiene and health and safety at all times
- Take ownership and accountability of your departmental and team’s performance
- Set SMART targets and objectives
- Deliver profitable returns
- Celebrate Success
- Accurate sales and statistics reporting on a shift by shift/ daily/ weekly/ monthly basis – analyse and take action to improve on performance on a daily basis
- Write accurate forecasts and budgets on a weekly/ monthly/ annual basis
- Update daily activities to ensure the department performs in line with expectations and work to exceed budget targets by monitoring and controlling the operations, considering sales and profit at all times
- Active and up to date sales plan – daily – weekly and monthly initiatives to drive restaurant sales & profit – to include and not limited to developing and implementing promotions calendar
- Adhere to company standards of stock and waste control, cost of sale management and operational efficiencies
- Cross sell all hotel facilities at all times
- Ensure close management of payroll though daily management of Fourth Hospitality and in line with legal requirements.
Health and Safety
- Promote a safe, healthy and secure environment
- To maintain the highest level of personal presentation at all times and ensure that uniform is provided and worn at all times.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, ensuring facilities comply with hygiene and safety legislation relating to food hygiene regulations, licensing legislation and general health and safety.
- Maintain high awareness and observation of Fire, Health and Safety Regulations.
- Completion of risk assessment, work method statements, COSHH, for all areas within the department.
- All catering areas including stores, changing rooms and offices are inspected to ensure that the highest standard of hygiene and safety are maintained and comply with all statutory instruments and regulations.
- Upon inspection, the condition of all equipment and catering facilities are assessed and, where necessary, written requests for remedial action are presented to the Operations Manager.
- To ensure compliance with company policy, codes of practice and Government legislation with regard to cleanliness, hygiene, health and safety, first aid, fire precautions, evacuations, security and any matters with regard to dealing with the public. Keeping accurate records for potential inspection.
- Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, Food Safety Act 1995 and other statutory instruments and codes of practice in all designated operational food and beverage areas.